What is Lead Routing?
Lead routing lets you automatically assign Contacts to Users in your ONTRAPORT account for followup. Once you’ve created a Lead Router, you’re able add Contacts to it via “add to lead router” Campaign action elements, Marketing Trackers, advanced global rules and legacy form rules. The Lead Router then distributes the leads to your Users.
A Round Robin Lead Router evenly distributes leads one by one to each of the users that are in the router you create. Everyone will end up with the same number of leads over time.
Weighted Random allows you to set percentages of leads per user. Use this Lead Router if you want to assign a greater percentage of leads to certain users and a lower percentage to others. Of course, you’ll have to make sure that the total is 100. Each new lead that comes in is randomly assigned to a User in the Lead Router, but with the probability set according to the percentages you set up. In the long term, everyone will end up with the share of leads they were assigned by percentages in the settings.
- Go to the Navigation bar > Contacts menu > Settings > Lead Routing
- Click the New Lead Router button
- Select a Lead Router
- Click Create under Round Robin OR
- Click Create under Weighted Random
- Name your Lead Router
- Set the details of your Lead Router
- Add account Users to your Lead Router
- Select lead percentage (Weighted Random Router ONLY)
- Click Save