What is an MX-record?
Applies to: All ONTRAPORT accounts and ONTRApages Premium.
MX records are DNS settings associated with your domain. They identify the mail server that is responsible for handling your domain's email accounts. MX records are commonly edited to route email to a different service, such as G Suite (Google Apps) or an Exchange email server.
If you are using the ONTRAPORT name servers to point a domain to ONTRAPORT for hosting a WordPress site or ONTRApages landing pages you cannot edit the MX records yourself, but you can have us add them for you. Submit a support ticket with your domain name and the MX records from your email provider. See Pros and cons of pointing your DNS to ONTRAPORT for more information.
For more information on MX-records, visit this page.
Articles in this section
- Legacy ONTRApages
- Edit Legacy ONTRApages Colors, Fonts, Backgrounds and Page Width
- Add, Delete, Move and Copy Legacy ONTRApages Blocks
- Editing Content in Legacy ONTRApages Blocks
- Legacy ONTRApages Slideshow and Countdown Timer Blocks
- Legacy ONTRApages Custom HTML Block
- Legacy ONTRApages Facebook Comments Block
- Add Smart Form Blocks in Legacy ONTRApages
- Legacy ONTRApages Opt-in Settings on Smart Form Blocks
- Automation After a Legacy ONTRApages Smart Form is Submitted