What is an MX-record?
MX records are DNS settings associated with your domain. They identify the mail server that is responsible for handling your domain's email accounts. MX records are commonly edited to route email to a different service, such as G Suite (Google Apps) or an Exchange email server.
If you are using the ONTRAPORT name servers you cannot edit the MX records yourself, but you can have us add them for you. See Pros and cons of pointing your DNS to ONTRAPORT for more information.
For more information on MX-records, visit this page.
How to set up an MX-record (using GoDaddy)
For full and up-to-date instructions on setting up (adding/editing) an MX-record in GoDaddy, visit this page. The changes you make will take anywhere from 1 to 48 hours.
Articles in this section
- Edit ONTRApages Colors, Fonts, Backgrounds and Page Width
- Add, Delete, Move and Copy ONTRApages Blocks
- Editing Content in ONTRApages Blocks
- ONTRApages Slideshow and Countdown Timer Blocks
- ONTRApages Custom HTML Block
- ONTRApages Facebook Comments Block
- Add Smart Form Blocks in ONTRApages
- ONTRApages Opt-in Settings on Smart Form Blocks
- Automation After an ONTRApages Smart Form is Submitted