Editing Content in Legacy ONTRApages Blocks
About Editing Blocks
Note: This article covers our legacy ONTRApages builder. For details on our newest Page builder, see this article.
Applies to: All ONTRAPORT accounts.
The click to edit interface is intuitive and most people can dive right in. These instructions give you detail on each type of block and how it is edited.
Click in the text block to edit text directly in the block.
Use the edit bar to change font style (Header 1, Header 2, Body, etc.), insert merge fields, text color, typographic emphasis (bold, italic, underline), alignment (right, center, left, justified) and add or remove hyperlinks.
Some text blocks contain multiple text elements and will require clicking on the text element you wish to edit from the Palette.
Hyperlinks allow you to link to:
- A specific URL
- An ONTRAPORT Landing Page
- Tracked Link
- A downloadable ONTRAPORT hosted file (e.g. pdf, doc, mp3)
- An ONTRAform Lightbox
You can hyperlink text, images, and buttons. Highlight the text or element you wish to hyperlink and click the link icon in the edit bar. Choose the type of link you'd like and click the okay button.
If you'd like to remove the link, click the remove link button.
Add images by clicking on the image block or element. From the Palette, you can change, edit or hyperlink the image. The block must contain an image in order to put an insert an image. If the block does not contain an image, please select a block that contains one.
- To change an image, click the change image button to upload a new image or select one from your image library.
- For basic image editing, click the pencil icon for basic image editing such as cropping or resizing the image.
- To hyperlink an image, click the link button. Enter the specific URL, select an ONTRApage, hosted file or ONTRAform.
ONTRAPORT allows video embed code to be entered from many sources including but not limited to Youtube, Vimeo, Wistia or ONTRAPORT's video manager. You can find blocks that allow videos to be inserted in the Video and Smart Form blocks.
To use embed code from your own video host:
- Copy the embed code from your video host
- Add a video block in your ONTRApage
- Edit the video element
- Click the Embedded button in the palette
- Paste the Embed code into the Embed Code text box
Wistia Video Embed Options
Display the video in your Wistia account, and choose "Embed and Share" in the Video Actions menu.
- Select the Inline Embed tab
- In the Video Size section select Fixed Size. The default size Wistia provides is fine; you can adjust it later.
- For Embed Type choose Fallback.
- Click Copy to copy the code to the clipboard.
Use this code to paste into the Video Block's video element Embedded tab.
Vimeo Video Code Embedding
- Paste the code into the Embedded tab.
- Edit the code so that only the content for the <iframe> is shown:
- Vimeo video: configure the Vimeo + Show options settings. Use the SilentAutoPlay function (modern browsers will not autoplay videos with sound).
- Wistia video: see the Wistia configuration options in the Timeline Actions section.
To autoplay an ONTRAPORT Hosted video:
- Add a video block in your ONTRApage
- Click the Hosted button in the palette
- Use the dropdown to select your desired video
- Autoplay by first selecting them in the Hosted drop down box, waiting until the video loads in the canvas, and clicking the Embedded tab. Add the words "autoplay muted" after "controls" at the beginning of the code as shown. Modern browsers will not autoplay the video with sound.
Add Social Icons
There are several blocks in which you can link social icons to your social sharing pages. A variety of icon styles are available to match any design you desire.
Too add social icons:
- Insert a block that has social icons (header, footer, or social icons)
- Click the social icon you'd like to update
- Select the social sharing icon you'd like to use
- Enter the URL of your social sharing page
- Click the save button
Create "Share this page" links by:
- Visit Share Link Generator
- Add the URL of the page you want your readers to share (i.e, your Facebook page, Twitter feed, etc)
- Click Create the Link
- Copy the output and paste it into the icon URL field in ONTRAPORT
Edit Mobile Fonts and Backgrounds
The View Mobile Display feature allows you to view the ONTRApage on a simulated mobile device, and adjust font style (the font family, italic, and bold settings), font size and background image specifically for those devices.
Mobile Display Settings Video
Editing Mobile Font Styles
Click the View Mobile Display button. The canvas will scale to 360px wide which is the average size of a small mobile device.
The font styles button will change to Mobile Font Style. Click on the Mobile Font Style drop down to edit the mobile fonts.
Edit the font face by selecting one of the options in the drop down, then adjust the font size, line height and weight (boldness) by using the sliders. You can also enter a desired pixel size manually for the font size and line height values. The choices presented are:
- Any of the listed font families
- Italic or normal
- Font size: 6px to 180px
- Line spacing: 6px to 180px
- Font weight range: 100 to 900 (400 is "normal" and 700 is "bold")
Click the Save button to accept the change.
When you edit in Mobile Display View the changes are locked in for the mobile device. Changes to the font style and size will not propagate to the desktop view, and future changes to the font style and size in the desktop view will not change the mobile view.
Note: Only font style and size are locked for the mobile display. All other elements, including font colors, backgrounds, text, adding or removing blocks, etc. remains synchronized between the mobile and desktop display.
Background Images and Block Spacing
Adjust the background image in mobile preview mode by adjusting the Mobile Block Spacing. Decrease or increase the top and bottom of the mobile block spacing to adjust how the image is cropped on the mobile preview.
The page width setting for mobile is fixed at "Full" and cannot be changed, regardless of the desktop view page width.
- Editing ONTRApages Colors, Fonts, Backgrounds and Width
- Add, Delete, Move and Copy ONTRApage Blocks
- Editing Content in ONTRApages Blocks
- ONTRApages Slideshows and Countdown Timer Blocks
- Add Smartform Blocks to ONTRApages
- ONTRApages Opt-In Settings on Smart Form Blocks
- Automation After an ONTRApages Smart Form is Submitted
Selling Products and Leveraging Upsell Opportunities
- Add Order Forms to ONTRApages
- Add Products to Sell on ONTRApages
- Configure Payment Settings for an ONTRApage
- Add Shipping and Taxes to ONTRApages Order Forms
- Automation After an ONTRApages Order Form is Submitted
- Add Upsell Form Blocks to ONTRApages
- Automate What Happens After an Upsell Form Submission
Publishing Your ONTRApages
Articles in this section
- Legacy ONTRApages
- Edit Legacy ONTRApages Colors, Fonts, Backgrounds and Page Width
- Add, Delete, Move and Copy Legacy ONTRApages Blocks
- Editing Content in Legacy ONTRApages Blocks
- Legacy ONTRApages Slideshow and Countdown Timer Blocks
- Legacy ONTRApages Custom HTML Block
- Legacy ONTRApages Facebook Comments Block
- Add Smart Form Blocks in Legacy ONTRApages
- Legacy ONTRApages Opt-in Settings on Smart Form Blocks
- Automation After a Legacy ONTRApages Smart Form is Submitted