Applies to: ONTRAPORT Plus and above.
WorldPay describes itself as "the UK and Europe's number one card payment processor" with up to 36 countries served. ONTRAPORT’s built-in integration is easy to set up, with just three entries into the Gateway configuration screen.
Business Gateway account
- UK and Ireland only
Business Gateway Plus account
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City
Obtain Worldpay Account Details
- Create an account at WorldPay
- Go to Installations
- Request that WorldPay setup the Invisible XML Installation for you
- Click the wrench icon under Integration Setup: PRODUCTION to set your XML Password
- Make sure "Store-builder used" is set to Default and the Attach HTTP(s) Payment Message to the failure email? checkbox is checked.
- ONTRAPORT’s integration requires just the Installation ID, Merchant Code and XML Password (or, “Invisible auth password”). Write these values down for use later in ONTRAPORT.
Check with WorldPay support for details on creating the Invisible XML Installation if it is not available in your account.
Configure Worldpay Gateway
- Log into ONTRAPORT
- Click on Sales > Settings > Gateways
- Click the New Gateway button
- Select WorldPay from the Gateway Selection dropdown menu
- Fill in your WorldPay details
- Click Save
- Visit Administration > Localization to select your currency setting in ONTRAPORT.
- Select the currency from the drop down.
- Choose how you want the currency symbol to appear. Typical choices include the currency symbol and currency abbreviation, or just the currency symbol, before or after the value.
- Select the number format in the last drop down box. Choices are to use the comma as the decimal separator, typical in Europe, or to use the period as the decimal separator.
- Verify that the gateway and currency setting work correctly. Process a live transaction on a valid credit card and verify the charge is reflected correctly in your payment gateway and bank.
Note: The new currency symbol is used on all items and sales reports in ONTRAPORT, including historical sales made prior to the change. It is up to you to segregate sales prior to the change and reflect them properly in your books.
Available Currencies with WorldPay
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- Euro (EUR)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Norwegian Krone (NOK)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Pound Sterling (GBP)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- U.S. Dollar (USD)
Other Gateways Supporting Non-US Currency
ONTRAPORT Projects are in-app, step by step instructions to walk you through the process step-by-step. You can pause and come back at any time, and using the training program does not interfere with using ONTRAPORT, making it ideal for both beginning and advanced ONTRAPORT clients. Have ONTRAPORT open in another tab and click the Project below:
ONTRAPORT's Community Q&A Forum is our peer-to-peer support site for quick answers to your questions 24 hours a day! ONTRAPORT Support, our Certified Consultants, and your fellow entrepreneurs provide the answers.
- What happens if I change currency in ONTRAPORT but not my gateway?
- What about the custom code I was using to change currency symbols?
- Does ONTRAPORT do currency conversions when I switch currencies?
- I changed my currency. What about my existing forms all over the Internet?
Q. Can I use a currency other than US Dollars?
A. Yes, WorldPay accepts several different currencies including Australian Dollar (AUD), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Euro (EUR), Pounds Sterling (GBP) and Japanese Yen (JPY)1 in addition to the US Dollar (USD). Your ONTRAPORT account must be set to the same currency. Contact your WorldPay account representative for more information on setting WorldPay to use your currency. After you set WorldPay to bill in the currency of your choice you must change ONTRAPORT to the matching currency in Administration > Localization. This will also set the currency symbol for your reports, order forms, etc.
Q. I changed my currency to Pounds Sterling (GBP) but all the sales values are the same in my account. They should be converted!
A. ONTRAPORT does not do any currency conversion of existing sales values. You will need to download your transactions prior to the change and convert the values manually for your books.
Q. I switched my currency in ONTRAPORT and now all my orders are failing!
A. The currency setting in ONTRAPORT must match the currency setting in the payment gateway. While some gateways refuse transactions with mismatched currency types, others will process the payment and you will incur extra currency exchange and processing fees.
Q. I have $3,846 in currency exchange fees after switching my currency in ONTRAPORT! Are you going to reimburse me?
A. The currency setting in ONTRAPORT must match the currency setting in the payment gateway. While some gateways refuse transactions with mismatched currency types, others will process the payment and you will incur extra currency exchange and processing fees from the gateway or the bank. ONTRAPORT will not reimburse you for these charges.
Articles in this section
- Integrating a Payment Gateway
- Setting Up the Dummy Gateway
- Integrating with Authorize.net
- Integrating with Stripe
- Integrating with Stripe Token
- Integrating with PayPal
- Integrating with Paypal Payments Pro
- Integrating with eWAY
- Integrating Payflow Pro Payment Gateway
- Integrating with PayJunction