Applies to: ONTRAPORT Plus and above.
PayPal's Payflow Pro Payment Gateway connects to a traditional merchant account to accept payments through your ONTRAPORT Order Forms. PayPal can provide the required merchant account for an additional monthly fee. Payflow Pro can process transactions in non-US currencies (see Currency Options below).
Obtain Payflow Pro Credentials
Payflow Pro requires you to use user credentials for the gateway. We recommend creating a new user for each one of your services you integrate as a more secure method. To make maintenance easier later in case you need to suspend one of the services. The new user's login information is used to connect your ONTRAPORT Order Forms to Payflow Pro for processing. Follow these steps to obtain the user login information for ONTRAPORT:
- Log into your Payflow Pro account
- Click on Account Administration at the top left
- Click the Manage Users tab
- Click on the Add User link
- Provide your Admin Confirmation details (username and password) in the top section
- In the User Information section, use ONTRAPORT as the user, and any email address you want to use.
- In the User Login Information section, use ONTRAPORT for the User Login Name and create a complex, secure password for the User Password section. Write down the Partner, Merchant Login, User Login Name and User Password for use in ONTRAPORT later
- Under Assign privilege to User select FULL_TRANSACTIONS for the Select a Predefined Role drop down, and set the User Status to Active
- Click the Update button
You can elect to use your existing admin user's credentials, but we suggest the method above as a more secure alternative. Payflow Pro allows up to 1,000 users, so creating a new user for each service you use makes sense; if you ever have to suspend operation you can simply change that user's permissions without affecting other services.
Configure Payflow Pro in ONTRAPORT
Follow these steps to configure Payflow Pro in your ONTRAPORT account:
- Click Sales > Settings and Gateways
- Click the New Gateway button
- Name the gateway and select Payflow Pro from the Gateway type to add drop down
- Use the following settings:
- USER - Use the new user you set up, ONTRAPORT
- VENDOR - This is your Payflow log in name, used when logging into your Payflow account
- PARTNER - This is typically the merchant processor such as Verisign, PayPal, reseller ID, etc. You wrote this down in step 7 in Obtain Payflow Pro Credentials above.
- PWD - This is the ONTRAPORT user password you created
- Ensure that the Test Mode selection is set to No
- Visit Administration > Localization to select your currency setting in ONTRAPORT.
- Select the currency from the drop down.
- Choose how you want the currency symbol to appear. Typical choices include the currency symbol and currency abbreviation, or just the currency symbol, before or after the value.
- Select the number format in the last drop down box. Choices are to use the comma as the decimal separator, typical in Europe, or to use the period as the decimal separator.
- Select the currency from the drop down.
- Verify that the gateway and currency setting work correctly. Process a live transaction on a valid credit card and verify the charge is reflected correctly in your payment gateway and bank.
- Note that the new currency symbol is used on all items and sales reports in ONTRAPORT, including historical sales made prior to the change. It is up to you to segregate sales prior to the change and reflect them properly in your books.
Available Currencies with PayPal Payflow Pro
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Czech Koruna (CZD)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- Euro (EUR)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Hungarian Forint (HUF)
- Israeli New Sheqel (ILS)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)1
- Mexican Peso (MXN)
- Norwegian Krone (NOK)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Philippine Peso (PHP)
- Polish Zloty (PLN)
- Pound Sterling (GBP)
- Romanian New Leu (RON)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- Taiwan New Dollar (TWD)
- Thai Baht (THB)
- U.S. Dollar (USD)
1 Note: ONTRAPORT's number format currently includes 2 decimal places, even when the Japanese Yen (JPY) is set as the currency. Because the Yen does not allow fractional amounts any value in the two decimal places is simply ignored (not rounded).
Other Gateways Supporting Non-US Currency
ONTRAPORT Projects are in-app, step by step instructions to walk you through the process step-by-step. You can pause and come back at any time, and using the training program does not interfere with using ONTRAPORT, making it ideal for both beginning and advanced ONTRAPORT clients. Have ONTRAPORT open in another tab and click the Project below:
ONTRAPORT's Community Q&A Forum is our peer-to-peer support site for quick answers to your questions 24 hours a day! ONTRAPORT Support, our Certified Consultants, and your fellow entrepreneurs provide the answers.
- What happens if I change currency in ONTRAPORT but not my gateway?
- What about the custom code I was using to change currency symbols?
- Does ONTRAPORT do currency conversions when I switch currencies?
- I changed my currency. What about my existing forms all over the Internet?
Can I use a currency other than US Dollars in Payflow Pro?
A. Yes, Pay Flow Pro accepts several different currencies. Your ONTRAPORT account must be set to the same currency. After you set Pay Flow Pro to bill in the currency of your choice you must change ONTRAPORT to the matching currency in Administration > Localization. This will also set the currency symbol for your reports, order forms, etc.
I changed my currency to Pounds Sterling (GBP) but all the sales values are the same in my account. They should be converted!
A. ONTRAPORT does not do any currency conversion of existing sales values. You will need to download your transactions prior to the change and convert the values manually for your books.
I switched my currency in ONTRAPORT and now all my orders are failing!
A. The currency setting in ONTRAPORT must match the currency setting in the payment gateway. While some gateways refuse transactions with mismatched currency types, others will process the payment and you will incur extra currency exchange and processing fees.
I have $3,846 in currency exchange fees after switching my currency in ONTRAPORT! Are you going to reimburse me?
A. The currency setting in ONTRAPORT must match the currency setting in the payment gateway. While some gateways refuse transactions with mismatched currency types, others will process the payment and you will incur extra currency exchange and processing fees from the gateway or the bank. ONTRAPORT will not reimburse you for these charges.
Articles in this section
- Integrating a Payment Gateway
- Setting Up the Dummy Gateway
- Integrating with Authorize.net
- Integrating with Stripe
- Integrating with Stripe Token
- Integrating with PayPal
- Integrating with Paypal Payments Pro
- Integrating with eWAY
- Integrating Payflow Pro Payment Gateway
- Integrating with PayJunction