Add Products to Sell on Legacy ONTRApages
Note: This article covers our legacy ONTRApages builder. For details on our newest Page builder, see this article.
Applies to: ONTRAPORT Plus and above.
Add Products to Sell on Order Form Blocks
- Ensure you are in the Order Form block
- From the Palette, click Product Grid or Payment Settings. Alternatively, you can click the Edit button in the product information section from the Canvas.
- The product grid appears which is where you can add products, shipping rates, payment methods, taxes and invoices to send for this order.
- Add products and setup payment structure
- Click the Add / Edit Products button.
- From the Canvas, select the items you'd like to sell on your Order Form by using the dropdown under the item column. Add multiple items by clicking the + Add Row button.
- If the item hasn't been created, select the + Create New from the dropdown menu. Type in the item (product) name, press tab and submit the quantity and price.
- Hover to the right of each item and select from the options
- Add a Trial period: To offer a product with a trial period (e.g., 1 week for $9.99 and $197 thereafter) adjust the settings.
- Make this a subscription: To offer a product with a continuous, recurring payments (e.g., $97 per month), adjust these settings.
- Offer a payment plan: To offer payment plans (e.g., one payment of $497 or 3 payments of $199 per month), adjust these settings. Tip: Offer multiple payment plans by clicking the + Add payment option link in the product grid.
- Allow buyer to change quantity: To allow customers to change quantities of items on the order form. select this option. Enter the default quantity, minimum and maximum allowed per order. The product grid will show an up/down arrow next to the quantity of the item so customers can tick the arrows up or down.
- Add to shipping/packing slip: For products that need to be shipped, select this option. Once complete, the product will show a small truck icon next to it in the product grid.
- Insert Coupon Code: To enable customers to enter a Coupon Code for a discount, select this option. Once complete, the product grid will show a row for Coupon Code.
- Remove this item: To remove a product from the order form, hover over the item row and select this setting. The item will disappear from the product grid.
- Charge on a later date: To charge all items on the order form on a later date, hover over the "Total" column and enter the date you'd like all charges to go through on. To remove this item, hover right and select remove charge on later date.
- Click the Add / Edit Products button.
- Move items into your preferred order by hovering left and clicking the arrows.
- When finished adding items and payment structures, click Done.
- For detailed information on payment structures, please see this article.
- Add Shipping methods (optional): To set shipping rates for products, click + Add Shipping Method in the Palette. See this article for detailed information about adding shipping methods.
- Enter a name and price of your shipping type
- Add rules that declare when each shipping type is charged based on field values.
- Select whether or not you’d like to charge shipping each time on recurring orders.
- Click the + Add A Payment Method from the Product Grid in the Palette. Use the dropdown to select a payment gateway integrated with ONTRAPORT. PayPal is only available on single purchase items only, as it cannot support payment plans, trial periods or subscription payments in our integration.
- Click the + Add A Tax Option from the Palette if you want to add taxes to the order. See this article to learn how to add taxes.
- Select Invoice Template (optional): Use the pulldown to select the invoice template customers will receive after purchasing. To create custom invoice templates, see this article.
Note: Order forms must be published on a web page with SSL (HTTPS) in order to display. As of April 30, 2018, order forms on non-HTTPS pages will not display and will instead have a placeholder image displayed.
Articles in this section
- Legacy ONTRApages
- Edit Legacy ONTRApages Colors, Fonts, Backgrounds and Page Width
- Add, Delete, Move and Copy Legacy ONTRApages Blocks
- Editing Content in Legacy ONTRApages Blocks
- Legacy ONTRApages Slideshow and Countdown Timer Blocks
- Legacy ONTRApages Custom HTML Block
- Legacy ONTRApages Facebook Comments Block
- Add Smart Form Blocks in Legacy ONTRApages
- Legacy ONTRApages Opt-in Settings on Smart Form Blocks
- Automation After a Legacy ONTRApages Smart Form is Submitted