About ONTRAPORT Settings
Applies to: All ONTRAPORT accounts. Some features not found in all accounts.
Several options allow you to personalize ONTRAPORT's settings. You can change the order of items in the Navigation Menu. ONTRAPORT's Localization settings configure the application for your location affecting the way items are displayed in the application. Date, time and currency formats are currently included in the Localization settings.
Personalize the Navigation Menu
The Navigation Menu provides access to the Dashboard, Contacts, Tasks, Sales, Partners, Pages and Tracking collections. Each has one or more functions listed within the collection. The ability to reorder the items on the Navigation Menu will help manage workflow by moving the most frequently used items to the top of the menu.
To access the Reorder Navigation Menu function click the profile icon at the top right, then select Administration.
Select the Personalize tab and then click the Reorder Navigation link.
A graphical representation of the Navigation Menu appears. Click, drag and drop the menu items to the new position you desire.
- Visit Administration > Localization to select your date and time format, and the currency setting in ONTRAPORT.
- Select your preferred time and date format using the radio buttons.
ONTRAPORT will display the date and time across all displays within the application:
The underlying data is not modified in any way. The change will display dates and times in the desired format throughout ONTRAPORT seamlessly, without any further action. You can change the date and time format at any time.
- Set your currency type, currency code and symbol. Note that you must follow the instructions for your selected payment gateway before changing the currency setting in ONTRAPORT. In some cases changing the currency setting here can cause failed transactions, or expose you to currency exchange and/or transaction fees. See Integrating a Payment Gateway for more details.
- Select the currency from the drop down.
- Choose how you want the currency symbol to appear. Typical choices include the currency symbol and currency abbreviation, or just the currency symbol, before or after the value.
- Select the number format in the last drop down box. Choices are to use the comma as the decimal separator, typical in Europe, or to use the period as the decimal separator.
- Verify that the gateway and currency setting work correctly. Process a live transaction on a valid credit card and verify the charge is reflected correctly in your payment gateway and bank.
- The new currency symbol is used on all items and sales reports in ONTRAPORT, including historical sales made prior to the change. It is up to you to segregate sales prior to the change and reflect them properly in your books.
- Select the currency from the drop down.
Gateways Supporting Non-US Currency
- eWAY (RAPID API)
- PayPal Payments Pro
- PayPal Payflow Pro
- PayPal Standard
ONTRAPORT Projects are in-app, step by step instructions to walk you through the process step-by-step. You can pause and come back at any time, and using the training program does not interfere with using ONTRAPORT, making it ideal for both beginning and advanced ONTRAPORT clients. Have ONTRAPORT open in another tab and click the Project below:
ONTRAPORT's Community Q&A Forum is our peer-to-peer support site for quick answers to your questions 24 hours a day! ONTRAPORT Support, our Certified Consultants, and your fellow entrepreneurs provide the answers.
- What happens if I change currency in ONTRAPORT but not my gateway?
- What about the custom code I was using to change currency symbols?
- Does ONTRAPORT do currency conversions when I switch currencies?
- I changed my currency. What about my existing forms all over the Internet?
Q. Which gateways are best for non-US currency?
A. There are two main factors to consider. First, does the gateway serve companies in your country, and second, does the gateway offer the currency you want to use? Many gateways accept transactions in currencies from around the world but restrict use to companies located in certain countries. Verify that your company can use the gateway first.
- See all countries Authorize.net supports
- eWAY Rapid supports Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
- PayPal standard (supports all the countries for our supported currencies).
- See all countries PayPal Pro supports
- See all countries Stripe supports
- Contact Worldpay support to determine if your country is supported.
Q. I want to sell in multiple currencies, can I do that with ONTRAPORT?
A. Our system allows one currency only. We recommend you use separate ONTRAPORT accounts for each currency. The only alternative is to use UltraCart, a native integration with ONTRAPORT that does support multi-currency handling, with up to 12 different currencies accepted. The one exception is the PayPal standard gateway that, if you set your account currency to a non-USD currency, can choose either USD or the account currency.
Q. I changed my currency in ONTRAPORT last month, and now I have $3,278 in currency conversion charges. I want you to pay them.
A. Your payment gateway should have been set to bill in the same currency, or have a bank account attached that processes in that currency. Your payment gateway received the payment in the funds you specified and supplied that currency to your bank. The responsibility for the currency conversion charges are between you, your payment gateway and your bank. ONTRAPORT will not reimburse you.
Q. I just changed my currency in ONTRAPORT and immediately all of my orders are being refused! I am losing money by the second! Fix this!
A. You have to set the payment gateway to accept the currency you select in ONTRAPORT. Your payment gateway is refusing the order form submissions because we are sending a different currency type than it expects. This is explained in all of our documentation and in ONTRAPORT on the currency selection page.
Q. I changed my currency setting in ONTRAPORT a while back, and I just noticed you did not convert all of my sales history from USD into my new currency, yet you show those transactions with the new currency symbol. How am I supposed to know which sales were in USD and which are in my new currency?
A. Our configuration documentation and a warning inside ONTRAPORT advises you that the currency symbol will change system wide, and that no currency conversion is attempted. You should have exported your sales history at the time of the currency change to make the adjustment to your books prior to the conversion change. Nothing in your history has changed, so you can still do this now. Export the sales history dated prior to the changeover and correct your books. If you need the date of the currency change in your account please contact Support.
Q. Do I have to modify all of my existing order forms, including legacy Smart Forms with Order Forms on them? Some of those are installed using the raw "HTML Version for Geeks" option.
A. All of your ONTRAPORT Order Forms will update to using the new currency symbol, including ones using the raw HTML Version code. This assumes you have not modified the code. The change will automatically propagate to legacy Smart Forms with products on them, ONTRAforms with order form blocks, and ONTRApages with order form blocks.