Applies to: ONTRAPORT Plus and above.
Cloud Cart Connector is a commercial plugin for QuickBooks Online (QBO) that syncs selected purchase and contact information from ONTRAPORT into QBO. The plugin enables you to:
- Create new customers in QBO when a new Contact purchases in ONTRAPORT
- Sync current Contact information into QBO Customer database
- Create invoice payments in QBO from ONTRAPORT orders
Note: ONTRAPORT does not have a Product SKU field. To work around this you must manually update QBO to map the Product Name to the QBO SKU field. Cloud Cart Connector includes a method to upload a CSV file described at Cloud Cart Connector Support. As you add individual Products they can be mapped manually within QBO following the instructions found in this Mapping Product SKUs article.
- An ONTRAPORT account
- A QuickBooks Online account
- A Cloud Cart Connector account integrated with QuickBooks Online
- A Payment Gateway set up in your ONTRAPORT account
- Products and Order Forms set up to sell Products in ONTRAPORT
Obtaining the API Key and APP ID
- Click the profile icon at the top right in your ONTRAPORT Plus or above account
- Navigate to Administration > Integrations section > ONTRAPORT API Instructions and Key Manager
- Click the New API Key button. If you receive the API Application form, fill it out and submit it, then return here after approval. In most cases you will get instant access to the API without the application.
- Name the API Key. Select the Contact Owner and check off all Permissions for Cloud Cart Connector. Click Save.
- Copy the App ID and API Key to a text file for use in configuring Cloud Cart Connector
Connecting ONTRAPORT to Cloud Cart Connector
- Go to https://cloudcartconnector.com and click the Sign in with Intuit button
- Click the My Connections tab and click the down arrow in the selection box for Solution Name. Select ONTRAPORT in the list of Solutions.
- Click Cancel on the dialog box that asks if you would like to view instructions
- Paste the APP ID and API Key from ONTRAPORT into the dialog box and click Submit
Q. I need help getting the integration to work.
A. Cloud Cart Connector provides support for their plugin. Please check with them at Cloud Cart Connector Support
Q. Does the API connection allow Cloud Cart Connector to see my account details?
A. No, the API allows Cloud Cart Connector to transfer Contact and sales data between ONTRAPORT and QBO. None of your confidential information is shared via the API. Contact credit card numbers are also not exposed via the API.
Q. Where can I find more about the operation of this QBO plugin?
A. See the Cloud Cart Connector Support Article.
Articles in this section
- Integration Overview
- Facebook Custom Audiences
- Connect with Facebook Integration
- Integrating with Zapier
- Integrating GoToWebinar
- Integrating with Zoom
- Advanced Zap - Form Fillout Trigger
- Integrating with Calendly via Zapier
- Integrating with Lob Using Zapier Webhooks
- Integrating with AccessAlly