Integrating with Zoom
Applies to: All ONTRAPORT accounts.
Zoom is a video and audio conferencing platform. Zoom's integration with ONTRAPORT allows you to use ONTRAPORT Smart Forms or Order Forms for registering for a webinar. This allows you to capture the contact details in both applications simultaneously.
Obtain Zoom Information
- Schedule a webinar in Zoom. If you already have a webinar created, open it in My Webinars for editing.
- Copy the Webinar ID number for use later in ONTRAPORT.
- If you just created the webinar, look at the bottom of the initial page and click the Edit link in the Approval section to see the pop up for Registration.
If the webinar has been set up previously, open it for editing and click the Edit link in the Approval Options section as shown here:
- Click the Registration tab on the pop up. Set the registration to either Automatically Approve or Manually Approve.
- Make sure that all of the fields on the Questions and Custom Questions are not set to Required. Save the Invite Attendees dialog box.
Zoom Webinar Registration Campaign
Using the Zoom Webinar Registration Campaign provides a landing page with opt in form, the webhook to register the opt in in the Zoom Webinar, and an acknowledgement email to the contact.
To import this Campaign ready for editing, log into your ONTRAPORT account and click this link: Zoom Webinar Registration Campaign. Or, paste this link into your browser's URL bar: https://app.ontraport.com/receivers/marketplace.php?key=7593&hash=b25NLnd2b25LcDdpTQ==. You can also create the Campaign following the explanation of the campaign elements below.
Note: Include all the parameters in the webhook even if you are not using "custom questions". Zoom requires all the parameters exactly as indicated here.
- Trigger: Submits Form - This trigger is set to add any new opt in or existing Contact in the account to the Campaign.
- Send a Webhook - Obtain the Webinar ID from Zoom, and include it in this webhook
- Destination URL: https://www.zoom.us/webinar/register/xxxxxxxxx (replace the "xxxx" characters with the Webinar ID from Zoom).
- Post Data (use this exactly as shown): first_name=[First Name]&last_name=[Last Name]&email=[Email]&questions=&custom_questions=
- If using a form attached to a Custom Object, use this Post Data exactly as shown: first_name=[Contact//First Name]&last_name=[Contact//Last Name]&email=[Email]&questions=&custom_questions=
- Send an Email: Send an email acknowledging the registration. Remember to edit the email to reflect your webinar's information!
- End: The contacts who register will end their campaign here, a list of them will be available by clicking the number shown in Performance Mode.
Legacy Smart Form Instructions - not recommended
Applies to: ONTRAPORT Pro and above.
- Create a Smart Form, Order Form, or use a Smart Form or Order Form block on an ONTRApages page to serve as your webinar registration form.
- The form must have a minimum of three fields, First Name, Last Name and Email. These three fields will be passed to Zoom for the registration. You can add additional fields if you like; the data in those fields will be stored in the ONTRAPORT Contact Record.
- Enter the Settings section for the form:
- On Smart Forms, the Settings are on the Settings tab:
- In ONTRAforms and ONTRApages, the form's Settings are accessed by editing the Form, and selecting Form Settings in the palette:
- On Smart Forms, the Settings are on the Settings tab:
- For opt in forms for free webinars, create a Rule in the Always-On Rules section:
- On Order Forms, create the new Rule in the Conditional Rules section under Rules: Sucessful Payment:
- Name the Rule.
- Under Then Do This select Ping a URL.
- Copy and paste the following into the URL box:
- Replace the "xxxxxxxxx" at the end of the URL with the webinar ID from Zoom you copied in step 5 of Obtain Zoom Information. Remove all dashes from the number. For our example webinar ID of 914-775-352 the corrected URL would look like this:
- Copy and paste the following text into the Post Data box:
first_name=[First Name]&last_name=[Last Name]&email=[Email]&questions=&custom_questions=
- Save and publish the form.
Q. Can I do more than just provide registration through ONTRAPORT?
A. Yes! You can handle all of the pre-webinar notices, post-webinar followup, etc. using Date or Step Sequences in ONTRAPORT.
Q. Does Zoom notify us if a person only attends half the webinar?
A. Zoom is adding new features all the time. Check with Zoom Support for more information.
Articles in this section
- Integration Overview
- Facebook Custom Audiences
- Connect with Facebook Integration
- Integrating with Zapier
- Integrating GoToWebinar
- Integrating with Zoom
- Advanced Zap - Form Fillout Trigger
- Integrating with Calendly via Zapier
- Integrating with Lob Using Zapier Webhooks
- Integrating with AccessAlly
I got super stuck on this integration and couldn't get it working. It's because I removed "&questions=&custom_questions=" from the Post Data because I wasn't using custom questions. Turns out Zoom is looking for this whether or not it's used. So you MUST include all of the parameters even if you are not using custom questions. So you must send this in its entirety: first_name=[First Name]&last_name=[Last Name]&email=[Email]&questions=&custom_questions=
Also, if you are building your form on the Contact object, the [First Name] and [Last Name] parameters will work just fine. But if you are build it on a custom object, you will have to update them to be [Contact Name//First Name] and [Contact Name//First Name], so in its entirely, the Post Data will look like: first_name=[Contact Name//First Name]&last_name=[Contact Name//Last Name]&email=[Email]&questions=&custom_questions=
Thanks for your comments, Ryan. I have updated the instructions above to make it easier for people who are using Custom Objects for the opt in form.