Integrating QuickBooks Desktop
Applies to: ONTRAPORT Plus and above.
Connex for QuickBooks is a commercial plugin for QuickBooks desktop Pro, Premier, Wholesale and Manufacturing or Enterprise editions that syncs selected purchase and contact information from ONTRAPORT into QuickBooks. Connex for QuickBooks supports QuickBooks in the U.S. and Canada.
- Creates new customers in QuickBooks when a new Contact purchases in ONTRAPORT
- Syncs current Contact information into QuickBooks Customer database
- Creates invoice payments in QuickBooks from ONTRAPORT orders
Note: Because ONTRAPORT does not have a Product SKU field, you must manually update QuickBooks to map the Product Name to the QuickBooks SKU field.
- An ONTRAPORT Plus or above account
- A Payment Gateway set up in your ONTRAPORT account
- Products and Order Forms set up to sell Products in ONTRAPORT
- A Connex for QuickBooks account
- QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Wholesale & Manufacturing or Enterprise for the desktop
Obtaining the API Key and APP ID
- Click the profile icon at the top right in your ONTRAPORT Plus or above account.
- Navigate to Administration > Integrations section > ONTRAPORT API Instructions and Key Manager
- Click the New API Key button
If you receive the API Application form, fill it out and submit it, then return here when you get approval. In most cases you will receive instant access to the API keys without filling out the form.
- Name the API Key. Select the Contact Owner and check off all Permissions for Connex for QuickBooks. Click Save.
- Copy the App ID and API Key to a text file for use in configuring Connex for QuickBooks
Connecting ONTRAPORT to Connex
- Review the Connex for QuickBooks Setup steps first. Step 2, "Pair your connection" is where you will identify ONTRAPORT as the integration option.
- Inside Connex, click the My Connections menu item and select ONTRAPORT under Solution Name
- Fill the required App ID and API Key fields with the information obtained in step 5 of Obtaining the API Key and App ID section.
- After pairing your connection with ONTRAPORT follow the rest of the directions in "Pair QuickBooks using Intuit Web Connector".
Q. I need help getting the integration to work.
A. Connex provides support for their plugin. Please check with them at Connex for QuickBooks Support
Q. Does the API connection allow Connex for QuickBooks to see my account details?
A. No, the API allows Connex for Quickbooks to transfer Contact and sales data between ONTRAPORT and QuickBooks. None of your confidential information is shared via the API. Contact credit card numbers are also not exposed via the API.
Q. Where can I find more about the operation of Connex for QuickBooks?
A. See the Connex for QuickBooks Support Articles.
Articles in this section
- Integration Overview
- Facebook Custom Audiences
- Connect with Facebook Integration
- Integrating with Zapier
- Integrating GoToWebinar
- Integrating with Zoom
- Advanced Zap - Form Fillout Trigger
- Integrating with Calendly via Zapier
- Integrating with Lob Using Zapier Webhooks
- Integrating with AccessAlly