Partner Management Overview
About Partner Programs
Applies to: ONTRAPORT Plus and above.
A Partner Program, commonly known as an affiliate or referral program, is a marketing tool that allows you to add measurable value to your business with little up front cost. By marketing and selling your products on your behalf, Partners create new leads and refer loyal customers and in turn, they can receive commission for helping you generate sales. You provide your partners with all your advertising tools such as trackable links and banner ads so they can promote your business. When a visitor to your site or listing clicks on an ad or link, the transaction is tracked. If this transaction results in a sale of your product, your partners get a commission for that sale.
What You Can Do With Partner Management
ONTRAPORT’s Partner Management system allows you to track who's sending you traffic and sales so you can reward them. Partner management does the following:
- Manage one tier and two tier partner programs
- Ability to run multiple partner programs. For instance, if you've got a couple of different levels of partners and you want to offer them different commissions or different products to sell. In this case, you could set up multiple programs, and since each affiliate can only be a member of one program, the system knows how to pay them.
- Links to a Partner center via our PilotPress WordPress integration feature allowing your partners to log in and see their stats, get promo tools like banners and emails, and see the next payment amount.
- Enables outstanding partner follow up to increase their overall experience.
Create a Partner Program: Prerequisites
- An ONTRAPORT Pro or higher level account
- Order Form created to sell Products and published on a sales page
- If you're not using an ONTRApage or a Wordpress Site with PilotPress installed - an ONTRAPORT Tracking Script on the sales page
- Payment Gateway connected
- Product delivery set up for the sale of your products
Optional: Enable the Partner Center in Wordpress
If you want your Partners to have access to a Partner Center where they can grab their links to promote, see stats on their sales and update their contact information, follow steps 1-2. This is not necessary but it does help Partners to be self-serviced and lowers support requests from Partners.
- Integrate ONTRAPORT with WordPress
- Create a membership level for Partners
- Enable the Partner Center in WordPress
Setup and Test the Partner Program
- Configure Partner Global Settings
- Set up a Partner Program
- Set up the Promo Tools to send leads to a sales page (the sales page should contain an order form and an ONTRAPORT tracking script).
- Create a Partner Sign-up Form or ONTRApage
- Create a Partner Welcome process
- Test your Partner Program
Monitor, Nurture and Pay Partners
Articles in this section
- Partner Management Overview
- Create a Partner Program
- Partner Management FAQ
- Add Partner Promotional Tools
- Creating a Partner Signup Form
- Create a Partner Welcome & Thank You Process
- Enable the Partner/Affiliate Center in WordPress
- Partner Global Settings
- Manage Commissions & Payments
- Test your Partner Program